European Heritage Days in Sitges Museums 2015
Start Date: September 26, 2014
End Date: September 29, 2014
Time: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Last weekend of September across the continent
- Heighten public awareness of artistic and architectural heritage
- Involving Museums of Sitges
- Open house at:
A stately, 19th century, Catalan house, residence of the Llopis family. The tour will allow you to discover how people lived during the Romantic period in Catalonia. It also houses the Lola Anglada antique doll collection, one of the best in Europe. Guided tours every hour.
The Fundació Stämpfli – Art Contemporani is the new centre that exhibits an art collection consisting of more than 70 works by 60 recognised contemporary artists from 21 different countries.
The Museum, established with the support of the mayor of Sitges and the Generalitat of Catalonia, presents a significant body of art of the twentieth century, from the sixties to the present day.
More info at its website
Two of the four museums in Sitges, The Cau Ferrat and The Maricel, are currently closed for remodeling.CAU FERRAT
Home & studio of painter/writer Santiago Rusiñol (1861-1931), and meeting place for Catalan Modernisme artists. It includes works by Rusiñol, Ramon Casas, El Greco, Zuloaga and Picasso, among others. It also houses important wrought iron, glass, drawing and ceramics collections.
CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS
Houses Dr. Pérez-Rosales’ collection with Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque works. Also on exhibit are Catalan Modernista and Noucentista sculptures, along with mural paintings by Josep Maria Sert. On the second floor you’ll find the Modern Art Gallery (Rusiñol, Casas, Utrillo, Pruna, etc) and the Emerencià Roig maritime collection.
CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS
MAP OF ALL MUSEUMS
About the Organizers :Sitges council and Tourist office
- Start Date: October 3, 2019
- End Date: October 13, 2019
- Time: 8:30 am to 11:59 pm
- Location: Hotel Melia, Sitges, Barcelona, Spain
- Start Date: September 16, 2019
- End Date: September 25, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 am
- Location: Sitges, Barcelona, Spain
- Start Date: June 23, 2019
- End Date: June 23, 2019
- Time: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Location: Streets of Sitges, Barcelona, Spain