2013 Sitges International Patchwork Festival
Start Date: March 14, 2013
End Date: March 17, 2013
Time: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Patchwork trade fair dedicated to Japan
Thursday 14th to Sunday 17th of March.
Tourism Promotion Agency and the Spanish Association of Patchwork
(established 1998 with around 2,000 members)
Using Miramar Building ‘l’Edifici Miramar’, el Casino Prado Suburense, l’Escorxador o l’Estudi Vidal & a tent in Passeig de la Ribera (around church on promanade)
- Largest textile art show of Spain
- Ninth consecutive year
- 12,000 people expected to visit Sitges
- Various activities
- National and international exhibitions
- Hotel occupancy is estimated to reach its peak on the Saturday
- More than 80 booths, workshops
- Demonstrations & courses
- Creations of top international artists
- Show the latest trends in the industry
THIS IS 2012 INFORMATION
With national, Spanish, and international exhibits, known throughout the world, filling Sitges with fabrics, creativity, shapes and colours.
- Attracting over 10,000 visitors to Sitges
- Over eighty stands
- Workshop demonstrations
- Other activities such as patchwork courses
- Free workshops for children
Exhibition opening hours: Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10am to 7pm. Sunday 11am until 3pm.
Trade Fair opening hours: Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11am until 7pm. Sunday from 10am until 3pm.
Price: Entrance fee for the exhibitions and trade fair 10€
Members and advance purchase 7€
(Entrance tickets are valid for every day)
The main show is the exhibition/contest of the AEP with competition entries sent in by members.
This year the theme is “Connections”.
It is forecast that more than 100 works will compete in sixteen prize winning categories. The first prize is known as “best of show” and will be awarded to the quilt that stands out as the best in every aspect – design, quilting, workmanship etc. Having reached the finals these works are usually exhibited in other competitions around Spain and Europe.
- Kaffe Fasset and Brandon Mably Elly Sienkiewicz presents an outstanding collection from Baltimore for the first time in Europe
- Carol Taylor
France – this year’s invited country
Courses and Workshops
Patchwork Trade Fair
This year the commercial section will once again be situated on the Paseo de la Ribera, the main beach promenade (sea front Sitges) .
Owing to the large number of requests to take part, both from home and abroad, the AEP Board, in agreement with Sitges Council, have decided to erect a second marquee of 550 square metres alongside that of 1000 square metres, which will enable more than 80 companies to take part.
As well as the trade fair, the public can visit the tradestands of all the related businesses concentrated in the exhibition, whether they be wholesalers, distributors or importers of patchwork materials.
It is the only specialist trade fair in Spain.
In organising this festival, the AEP relies on a range of companies, without whose sponsorship the festival could not take place.
About the Organizers :Spanish Association of Patchwork (AEP) Spanish Patchwork Association AEP More than ten years of patchwork in Spain. The Spanish Patchwork Association was founded in 1998 by fourteen enthusiasts. Thirteen busy years later there are 2000 members, making Spain one of the European countries where over the past few years the growth in popularity of patchwork has been most marked. The AEP publish a quarterly magazine with the latest news from the world of patchwork, both national and international. They publish extensive reports on current events such as exhibitions, trade fairs and on the latest patchwork products. Asociaci
- Start Date: October 3, 2019
- End Date: October 13, 2019
- Time: 8:30 am to 11:59 pm
- Location: Hotel Melia, Sitges, Barcelona, Spain
- Start Date: September 16, 2019
- End Date: September 25, 2019
- Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 am
- Location: Sitges, Barcelona, Spain
- Start Date: June 23, 2019
- End Date: June 23, 2019
- Time: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Location: Streets of Sitges, Barcelona, Spain